Twitch Chat is an integral part of the Twitch experience, allowing streamers to interact with their viewers in a unique way for the platform. It has value beyond the ordinary conversation. Every user’s chat logs contain specific data about user feedback and responses which can update you on how to create content. You get confused when you throw a dozen or more strangers into a house.
A Case Study:
While most viewers are satisfied with healthy, positive interactions with their streamer, there are always a few bad apples that can ruin the experience for everyone else. Considering how fast Twitch Chat runs, it’s hard for every user at the moment to manage it. But with the smart use of your twitch chat logs, you can help create a safe and fun viewing environment for your visitors.
Although Twitch has improved its moderation tools in recent years, you still need some digging to find and access your Twitch chat logs. In this article, we will take a look at the different ways to do your twitch chat logs, as well as the reasons we should examine them.
How to Check Twitch Chats as a Moderator?
Moderators have access to individual viewers’ chat logs. All you have to do is
1. Enter the moderator view and click on a username.
2. Mode view can be accessed by clicking on the sword icon at the bottom right of your screen.
3. Once you enter the mode view, just click on the name of the channel to see the full chat history of their user.
4. Then, you can scroll through their messages to read any previous chat.
Other effective information, such as how often they have been scheduled or banned, can be found here. You can time out any modern comments, or bans, reports, or timeouts from this display.
How to Download Twitch Chat Log?
Chat lets you do this if you want to save your Twitch chat logs locally for later review. The software chat view has a line limit on how many comments you can scan at once. Chat can also display twitch emoticons, badges, and username colors to make your logs more readable. Many chatbots will also keep a record of all chats on your channel. Most chatbot services store this information on their servers with limited functionality for download to your local storage. Search the chat logging features of each chatbot before choosing one for your channel.
How to Check your Twitch Chat Logs?
Use the user search command. If you’re looking for a comment from a specific user, this is a quick and easy way to do it. Just type the command/username in your channel’s chat box and Twitch will return useful data about that user, such as Several messages are left on your channel, Date of creation of user account, How many times the user has finished your chat, How many times a user has been banned from your channel, The content of any comments they leave on your channel, Any comments made by your mode about specific users.
This method is especially helpful if you have a user who you suspect has created a new account to avoid any previous penalties. Again, it is important to note that the user’s search command will not display any comments removed by any moderator. However, it can be used to separate the time of the user’s punishment so that you can review their chat on video.
1. Record and Return your VOD
Currently, the only way to view the full chat log for a streaming session is to record and return your VOD. This method allows you to view comments that have been removed by a moderator – usernames and third party programs cannot access that information. If you want to re-evaluate the ban or suspension, you need to go through the chat history of your VOD. The downside of this method is that you have to scrub the whole video. It is helpful to have a general idea about the timing of comments before you start with VOD
2. Use a third-party program
While useful, the chat tracking tools provided by Twitch may not be enough for your needs. Many streamers go back to third-party programs to set up chat logs to monitor long-term comments. One of the most popular solutions is Chatty, a Java-based, open-source chat software that comes with multiple features to help track streamers and modes and track their chat. Its interface is inspired by classic IRC clients, so it has some learning curves to use. Chat doesn’t log in to your chats by default and will delete old messages after a while.
3. Use a chatbot
Twitch Chatbots, like Nightbot, are automated software that helps you moderate and filter your chats. These help you add special features to your chat and make your visitor experience unique. Help many chatbots can be configured to keep a complete and searchable log of all your chat comments. Of all the methods described in this article, this is the quickest and easiest way to find the comment you’re looking for.
Note: You will automatically start collecting chat data that you can make available in your spare time, even if you run out of a bot activation stream in your chat. Your chatbot will not be able to track comments on chats. It was never active, so it will not be possible if you are now considering using bots to review only previous chats. If you are thinking of taking your Twitch channel to the next level, you should consider setting up your chatbot.
How to Use the User Search Command to Check Twitch Chat Logs?
If you’re on the lookout for a remark from a selected user, that is the quickest and best strategy to do so. Merely kind the command /user [username] in your channel’s chatbox, and Twitch will return helpful knowledge about that user, such as:
- How numerous messages the person has left in your channel.
- The date the user’s account was created.
- How repeatedly the specific user has timed out in your chat.
- How persistently the specific user has been banned out of your channel.
- The contents of any feedback they’ve left in your channel.
- Any feedback left by your mods about that exact user.
This technique is especially useful if there’s a specific user that you observed has created a brand new account to bypass a earlier punishment. Again, it’s vital to keep in mind that the person Search Command won’t show any feedback eliminated by a moderator. However, it may be used to isolate the time a person was punished so you possibly can assessment their chat within the VOD.
Downloading Twitch Chat Logs Precautions:
- If you need to retailer your Twitch Chat Logs regionally for overview later, Chatty helps you to do exactly that. The in-software chat view has a line restrict for the way Numerous feedback you may scan at once. However, for those who document all of your chats to an outside file, you may freely search the contents of the log each time you want. Chatty may explain Twitch emotes, badges, and username colours to formulate your logs extra readable.
- Many chatbots may also hold a document of all of the chats in your channel. More importantly chatbot companies retailer this info on their very own servers with restricted performance for downloading to your native storage. Analysis the chat logging options of every chatbot earlier than selecting one to your channel.
Only the streamer or moderator can view videos from their channel and chat logs for users. Twitch doesn’t host chat logs publicly – it violates the platform’s rules about sharing such data. Before 2020, the OverRustle Logs website maintained a database of chats from all channels not set privately. OverRustle logs were deactivated on May 1st at the request of Twitter’s law department.